A Best Fish Cooler Bag. What?

I have got to say that although I enjoy fishing, this is one that never occurred to me. I mean, we've always just taken an extra cooler with us to store the fish in and if they sometimes got bent (in the literal sense), well, then you just had a smaller filet later that day, right?


But a fish cooler bag that's over five feet long is an excellent idea, for just that reason. I think the cooler bag is also configured so that if you are fishing far away from your car, more than one person can carry the bag out at a time. It has handles placed so one, two, or four can carry it comfortably.


Northland Tackle The Fishermans Favorite

Or at least it is according to their website. And honestly, I have no reason to doubt them, as I believe I have seen their brand in my local bait shops and places like those. I live a couple of miles from Puget Sound, and this area has a ton of rivers, so bait shops are about as ubiquitous in the countryside as Starbucks are in the urban and suburban ones.

That is to say, they are very, very common around here, and I know that I have seen Northland Tackle products in some of these shops. Mostly the usual sort of tackle, like hooks (and lines and sinkers) and various bait rigs and jobs and all that. Some of the shops even carry clothing!

Fishing Knife at the Ready


My father has always loved fishing. He has many different fishing poles, fishing lures, and even fishing vests. He has specific lures which he considers better than others. He swears that salmon like the pink jig far better than one that is red. For all I know, he is probably right. He knows fishing far better than I do.



Of all his tools, his most prized are his fishing knife. It is a fancy knife that cost a whole lot of money once upon a time. The knife has maintained perfect sharpness over the years, despite being used on countless fish. Whenever he is fishing, the knife is in a hilt at his side, waiting for a fish to bite at the end of the line.

Comments